The fourth annual BPA Pro Golf PBeM tournament will start on April 1st, 2013.
All entrants are required to be a member of the Boardgame Players Association. See the BPA Website for details about joining.
All games will be played using the Generic module of ACTS. A sample of four holes is available as a Generic Module on ACTS called Pro Golf Test.
ACTS was kind enough to make the Generic module for use in this tournament. Please show your appreciation by letting them know if you enjoy it and by following all ACTS guidelines.
There are seven golfer cards which will be used in this tournament, the 2005 versions of Shigeki Maruyama and John Daly, the 1984 version of Ray Floyd, as well as the 1981 versions of Lee Trevino, Curtis Strange, Bruce Lietzke and Johnny Miller. These golfers are fairly equal in skills and one will be randomly assigned to you at the start of the tournament. These seven golfers (and a second putt card) are available to you on the Golfer Webpage.
1) The tournament format will be three rounds. The first round will be in April, the second in May and the third in June.
2) The first round will use the used at the Muirfield Village course.
3) The top 2/3 of the field (rounded up) will survive the first cut and play a second round on the Lancaster Host course.
4) The combined score of the first two rounds will be used to determine advancement to the third round by 1/3 (rounded up) of the initial field size. The third round will be played on the 2002 Augusta National course.
5) The combined score of the three rounds will be used to determine the Champion and other Laurelists.
6) Any ties will be resolved using a 3-hole playoff on the Arrowhead Park course. If still tied, another three holes will be played.
7) There will be a one month time limit on each round. A round not finished in that time frame will result in the player being disqualified from the competition.
8) As rounds are completed the scores with be posted on the Tournament Scoreboard. However, scores are not official until they have been double-checked by the GM.
The tournament will be using the 1st Edition Rules which came with the sets containing the original Augusta Masters course. Ignore the Optional Rules.
Please familiarize yourself
with the ACTS module before using it. There are a couple of procedural
hints which must be followed:
1) Always clearly declare your die rolls before you make them (i.e. - 1st Hole, 2nd Shot, SI)
2) Anytime an improper number of dice are rolled, the roll is voided and all dice must be rerolled.
3) Adjust your Holes Completed and Total Strokes values after each hole.
4) Hit the End Turn link after each hole so that the Turn matches with the hole number you are playing.
To sign up, email the GM (Bruce Monnin).
Updated March 5, 2013